I thought that I would share a few photos of both Wayne (assistant) and I (Chief cook)making stuffed shells together. He did the heavy work like grating the cheese for me, getting the bowls and pans and I did the rest. :) Oh Wayne also lifted the the pan in and out of the oven. He was a huge help to me.
I've added grated Mozzarella on top of the shells.
I then spoon more sauce over the shells and then sprinkled shoveled on the the Parmigiano Reggiano that Wayne grated :)
Yup! Lots of cheese in this dish. Oh and Mr. Rooster is watching me.That was not planned I forgot to take him out of the photo. :)
Because I used Riccota cheese to stuff into each shell I added only a small amount into the pan. I added fresh slices of Mozzarella on top added more sauce and Wayne then puts the very heavy dish into the oven for me. What a guy right?
Here is what my baked stuffed shells look like right out of the oven.
My recipe is below, however I do not measure all my ingredients when I cook so I did my best to put what I think they are. I cook by taste, smell and how it looks. I've cooked this way all of my life. When I bake though I do measure everything. :)
Baked Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 cup of shreddedn Mozzarella cheese & 8 Mozzarella slices
- 1 1/2 cups of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 large container of Ricotta cheese
- Home made or store bought shagetti sauce. Meat or meatless. I prefer meatless but Wayne loves meat sauce.
- Cook shells according to package directions. Drain and cool shells on a baking sheet covered with foil.
- Stuff shells using Ricotta cheese.
- Spread some of the sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Place stuffed shells open side up in rows. Add Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and grated Mozzarella on top of shells. Add more sauce over top. Add the sliced Mozzarella cheese, top with just a little more sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes . Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
If you would like the recipe to my homemade sphagetti sauce I will be happy to write it up as best I can for you. Again, I do not measure things when cooking.
Have a wonderful week. Smile.:)